Friday, February 5, 2010

The Final Week

Man, what a week. Talk about killer. There was so much work that needed to be done. On Monday the movers came to pack up the house, and by pack up I really mean pack up. They even packed all of the toilet paper, which was interesting for those of us left for the next week. Then on Tuesday, they came back and moved it all out of the house. Well, Monday, I tore up the carpet in the master bedroom. I got so sick. I could not breath, the crap under the carpets (which had been there since the house was built in 83) was disgusting and when it was swept, it created a poison dust cloud that infected the lungs of all in reach. Okay, that may be a little dramatic but that is how it felt. I could not sleep that night cause every time I laid down, my throat would close up and I was struggling to breath. I seriously despaired. So I called my husband, who was in South Carolina and really not in a position to help. He told me to go to a hotel. So I packed the dogs up and drove to a hotel. Guess what. My dogs refuse to get on an elevator. Absolutely refuse.

The next day, the movers came to move everything out of the house. It was a long day because mother nature decided to send a torrential downpour over my house. All day I struggled to find someone to come pull up hte carpets so I wouldn't have to do it. Finally, I decided to get some big, industrial face masks. Tah dah, no more breathing problems (other than my constant sinuses). I tore up all the carpets in the house except the carpets near the fireplce cause, wouldn't you know it, the tack strip was under the fireplace. Then I went to a friends house for the night.

The next day was a very busy day. One if my husband's friends came over to help. We hauled all the carpets to the curb, painted, repaired the popcorn ceiling, cleaned, painted, painted, painted, did I mention painted? Seriously, it was ridiculous. I was the only one there for a little while and I had so much left to do that when my husband called, I was really negative. I mean I was trying to get everything done that night because the carpet was being installed the next day. I had so much left to do, it was already 6 pm, and I was alone. My husband made some calls. Suddenly, the missionaries, and the Relief Society Presidency was there. With their help we were able to knock off so much of the work. It was awesome.

Thursday the carpet people came, they told me it would take two days to install the carpet. My original plan was to stay while they installed the carpet and then leave for my parent's that ioght for good. But because it was going to take two days I just went to my parent's early that day and then dropped off the dogs and went back on Friday.

It was a long process, and some stuff still needs to be done to the house, but for the most part, it is ready to put on the market. It is beautiful, we really did a lot of work. It would have been nice to be able to stay there and raise a family but I think the new opportunities we will get in South Carolina will be better fr us. So so long, farewell first house. Sunday I will drive with my husband to Anderson. I will be done with the longest week I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment