Monday, January 19, 2015

Refashion catch-up

Another post starting with long time no see. I'm not even going to look at when my last post was, way to depressing. But I'm ready to try again.
So first, a quick no-sew refashion.
Found this at a thrift store for $1
Took the red print polyester off, luckily the construction was an actual sweater with fabric pieces sewn on. I've seen it done different ways.

Now a cool outfit. 
Shirt: Old, like really old.
Vest: thrifted $1
Skirt: $10 JC Penny
Belt: From pants somewhere
Boots: eBay $10

Here is an almost no-sew project.
My son needed new church shoes but no way was I ever getting my toddler shoes with ties ever again. I scoured thrift stores and couldn't find nice slip-on church shoes. Then I found really cute ones with ties for $3 and decided to fix them.

I bought thin black elastic from the fabric store with a coupon on sale (this is like the white elephant of craft shops, usually you can't use coupons on sale items but it was special), so only $2
Thread the elastic through like shoe laces, the hardest part is deciding how to thread them for visual appeal. At the top, make sure this part is hidden, overlap the two sides then hand stitch them together. Viola!


Here is an old one from when I was pregnant. I was going to a wedding and this is what i came up with.
 
I started with these two, thrifted for $1 a piece.


End result. I used a different belt and you really can't see but it accommodated my pregnant belly just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment