Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Beginning



Well, I have decided to start a blog. I don't know that anything I have to say is earth shattering but I think it would be interesting to record everything that's going on. As far as an introduction, I am 21 years old, a recent college graduate, and a housewife. I have been married almost two years and I love it. I have discovered that I like to cook and I have a husband who is willing to try new food along with me. I love to sew and take pictures. I do not like housework however, any of it, the cleaning, the laundry, the..., well you get my point. I do love being a wife and I look forward to being a mother. Here's a picture of my boys.
This week has been a different week. I started a job as a receptionist at a retirement community. It's only part time now but I will be moving to full time soon. Since it was the week between Christmas and New Years, my husband's company shut down and he got the week off. He was not able to relax much though. We recently decided that we will be moving and so we need to sell the house we just bought. It needed some work when we bought it so our only hope of selling it is to get the work done. So this week my husband was laying tile, and when I wasn't working I was helping out. We still have some work to do on the floors and we need to paint. Hopefully it will get done before he has to leave for his new job.
We did not really think too far ahead when we decided to tile the kitchen. We got it all laid last night and I did grab the utensils and some bowls and paper plates. But I forgot something very important. Today after church, we realized that the microwave was still in the kitchen, and the stove was on the porch, so we had no way to heat up food. So I worked a little bit and got onto the counter. I was able to get around the kitchen by walking on the counters. So problem was solved but it was an adventure. Maybe we will barbecue tonight.
I am really excited about the upcoming Ward activity. We are planning a Ward dance. I have missed going to church dances. I used to go to youth dance once a month and then 2 singles' dances a month when I was in the Singles' Ward. But then I got married and I have not been to a church dance since. This is going to be so much fun. My husband will not be there unfortunately because when he starts his new job he will move, but I will have a good time with friends. I am slaving over the playlist, since there will be such diverse ages I am trying to get music for everyone. I am so excited, I love my calling.
Till next time.


4 comments:

  1. You do a great job at your calling! We will miss you when you move. . . Good luck with your house.
    Congratulations on starting your blog. You inspire me to resurrect mine =) We'll see how that goes ~ haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What what what??? A thousand what's? You're moving? Where and when and all that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to completely stalk you! I'm a blog addict ( haven't been on as much recently but I'm ususally pretty good) and I saw your link on my facebook feed. Love the posts you've done so far!

    I also hate grouting. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait you are moving is everyone moving out of the ward now!!!! that's depressing!

    ReplyDelete