Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolution




I have been thinking about goals, as one is wont to do around New Years. I realize that I am not a person inclined to be lazy- jaw dropper I know. I always want to be organized and self-disciplined, I make many starts, but I never get very far. When I was still in school, at the beginning of each semester, I would schedule out my week; alotting time for school, study, housework, exercise, etc. I would stick to the schedule maybe a week. Then something would come up to throw the schedule off and I would never get back on it. Now, this does not mean that I stop trying, I still schedule and make lists and spreadsheets, but so far the results have all been the same. I am hoping that this blog may help me. I will have to do the stuff on my schedule so that I can subsequently report that I have accomplished my daily goals on my blog. We will see how this plan works. As of yet, I have not come up with a schedule.
Things I would like to make a habit:

Daily Book of Mormon reading
Monthly Temple Attendence
Monthly Missionary Meals
Daily Blog posts
Actually finishing sewing projects
Studying the weekly Sunday School and Relief Society lesson

Things I have to schedule around:

Work..., yeah that's pretty much it.

I don't know if that's everything, but I think it's a start.

As to my moving situation. My husband officially resigned from his job today. We will be moving to the north part of South Carolina. He will be starting work soon and move there while I hold down the fort here and finish my job- which is a temporary position anyway. I am actually looking forward to it a little. I hope it will be a growing opportunity for me. I got married at 19, and I never really lived on my own, having to keep a house, and working a 'grown up' job. So with my husband gone this may be the perfect time for me to grow up a little. I won't be alone as there is a couple staying with us, but I will be the one in charge of the house and everything. This could be a real opportunity for me. I look forward to it with trepidation and anticipation.

I am still working with having no kitchen, so tonight I was contemplating what to make. I realized that I had one cooking method I could utilize. My mother-in-law gave me a deep fryer for Christmas. Awesome mother-in-law. I haven't really had a chance to use it since Christmas so, tonight we had fried fish and fried raviolis. I know that it was not the healthiest meal but I haven't gone grocery shopping this week yet so I didn't have any vegetables. Oh well, one night won't kills us.

My husband bought an Droid phone tonight. It's the competitor to iPhone, it uses Google. He is so absorbed in exploring it I don't think any grouting will get done tonight. Oh well, I guess I won't have a washer and dryer for a little longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment